Pit Vidura is a safe, affordable, and reliable pit latrine emptying service that serves low-income households in dense urban areas of Kigali, Rwanda.
Position description: Pit Vidura is a fast-growing venture that provides the only safe, hygienic, and legal pit latrine emptying service in the city of Kigali. As we scale our operations over the next 12 months, we seek are seek a writer and communicator to engage our audiences. The right candidate loves to tell stories in a variety of formats, from written to audio to video and is passionate about communicating with a range of stakeholders.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a passionate individual to work with a high-impact organization and its partners (Ex: WASTE, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Unilever, UNDP) as it enters a rapid growth phase. The position will preferably be based in Berkeley, CA with a possibility for placement in our main office in Kigali, Rwanda.
The successful candidate’s key responsibilities will include:
1. Developing and implementing our storytelling and communications strategy focused on our key audiences (donors, foundations, investors, government partners, universities, campus organizations/departments )
2. Crafting meaningful and high impact deliverables including frequent social media posts, updates to web pages, blog posts, email campaigns, press releases, newspaper articles, and fundraising collateral.
3. Leading grassroots engagement strategy in the Bay Area including building a local coalition through local fundraising and advocacy events.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Application deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, position to be filled immediately.
· Demonstrable capacity for self organization and the ability to take the initiative with minimal supervision
· Curious and proactive thinker
· At ease working with international teams and remote collaborators
· Major or specialization in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, English, Marketing, Business, or relevant experience preferred
You’ll feel at home with us if you…
· Have strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
· Are intellectually curious and energetic;
· Are passionate (especially about international development/WASH) ;
· Are flexible, adventurous, and able to go with the flow; and
· Are ready to work really hard but have fun too.
About Pit Vidura
Pit Vidura is an innovative household sanitation service based in Kigali. We foster a hands-on, action-oriented work environment; we take pride in risk-taking, experimentation and creativity; we expect hard work, honesty and integrity; we strive for ambitious, high-impact results; we have fun.
If you meet the qualifications described above and are confident that you’re a great fit for the communications internship, send the following materials to email@example.com. Please include “communications and fundraising intern” in the title of the email.
Note: Applicants who do not submit a complete package in compliance with the guidelines below will not be considered.
CV/resume and availability
Description of a project you worked on that displays solid written and verbal communication skills.